Somehow I need to also be able to move between layers easily. For instance, if I just drew a shape on the 2nd layer and next I need to draw one one the 4th layer, I need to translate up the z-axis say, 50 pixels. But if my next layer is on the 3rd I need to then go down 25, and if the next is on the 0th layer, i need to go down another 75 pixels. A little tricky but shouldn't be too hard.
Talked with Ana in the printmaking studio about using pearlescent flake or something or other in oil-based paint for the next print I'll be working on. Thought about using crushed glass, but that'd be a breathing hazard. Apparently there's a company that makes pearlescent oil-based pigments so I'll be checking that out. I don't want super glittery paint, just a light, sparse sparkle that catches the light just so. I need to talk to an oil painter about glazes. The iridescent and pearlescent paints I'm looking at are from danielsmith.com, a west-coast paint company.
Talked with Zack about getting my Illustrator files into Rhino to get them ready or the 4-axis mill. Doesn't look like it'll be too tough. Gotta remember to join all segments if there are any, no open paths, and extrude into a solid slightly.
1 comment:
hey there-
I've used these pearl-esque pigments.
They are great.
Kris
Post a Comment