Printed the first layer for the You Know I Love You print. Think it's going to be a vertical print instead of a horizontal print with the black dot at the bottom. Getting a hang of the transparent base for the relief ink. Interesting texture on these prints because of the clear varnish spray on the MDF surface.
Also been thinking about my final presentation. Originally I had envisioned my prints framed in traditional frames, but now maybe I'm thinking have them sandwiched between plexiglass, either mounted off the wall with metal or plexi-rod or hung from the ceiling by wire. An unconventional solution for a unconventional project perhaps?
Have two blocks from my Yesterday print mostly carved, and the line work for a third done. Instead of just carving around the thing I'm printing, I'm taking off the entire first layer of the birch plywood block so I don't have any embossed lines around the printed areas on the paper. Instead of doing this by hand, I'll probably employ the use of a router to take the majority of the area off, while finishing the area's close to the printed area by hand.
Hopefully do the second layer of the You Know I Love You print tomorrow after lecture series. Seems to be taking around 3-4 hours to print a layer with all the setup time and cleanup time included.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment