3/11/09

TODAY:

Silkscreened the first of two layers of the "Don't Let's Start" print. Went well. Especially for my first time silk screening. Printed more than 25 copies to take into account any screw-ups. Then I cleaned out my screen, dried it, and put new emulsion on it so I can expose the next layer tomorrow.

Will most likely print the second layer tomorrow and be done with this print lickity split.

Flash application is going well. Still working on the main interface. Need to write psuedo-code out on paper to modify the current code that is in place. Need to be able to select two items from the list at once, and if two items are already selected and another is chosen, deselect the first choice. I imagine this being done using an array that is two items long. First choice puts that ID value into the array, second choice add the second ID value to the array. If a third item is then chosen, knock the first item off the list, move the second into the first's place, and add the third value. So on and so forth.

Not too difficult at all, but ActionScript 3 is a new beast to me.

I'll order the last two frames tomorrow, I think.

---

Besides IP, classes are going well.

About to pour a new piece in bronze class, and am about to start the mold for my bronze hearts (which are going to be f'n sweet). History of Rock class is fun, but there's really nothing to look forward to for each class; just going through the motions.

For AIGA we have two fun meetings scheduled for the near future. First is a local and A&D alum named Peter Baker, who will be speaking about entrepreneurship and freelancing. Then we have a panel of 3 designers, among which will be Susan Cybulski of InPrint (here in Ann Arbor), who will be speaking and answering questions about freelancing. Should be pretty good.

Also, I am being published in the near future. I entered a competition, a once-every-two-years competition, recently as a student and my work was selected for an award, though I'm not sure which award until next month. This award is simply recognition and my work will be going in a book. I'm pretty excited about it.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.

No comments: